Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-04, 23:25   Link #455
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
If Kawamori keeps her in check, we might see something good.
We ... are talking about Kawamori here? Right? Shuoji Kawamori, creator of Macross? The guy who really loves making the most insane concepts into anime and trolling fandoms for over 30 years and counting?

Keeping Okada in check ... lol? WHo's going to keep him in check then.

But seriously, I'm probably one of the more openly critical people when it comes to Okada, and I certainly don't trust her that much given how wild she had been recently, but I thought she really had something going with the show here ... I don't know, I always felt she had the talent but she needed to be more focused in bringing it out. Maybe she can do it here, doing something she loves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I probably didn't make myself clear in that post. Actually, I loved ep1, was moved almost to tears a couple of times. I had to rein myself in and remember how self-serving and silly the whole deal is just in order to maintain some balance, lol.
yeah, I know you loved the first episode but I also noticed it when you mentioned that there was very clear desire for the creators to show just how important idols are to the world