View Single Post
Old 2013-01-02, 13:28   Link #70
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
That part is not irrelevant at all. That part is very important for the development of the story in Neko Black, with Neko Black being a cornerstone of Araragi's chara development along all the first season of Monogatari, including his relationship with Hitagi. In a way, Araragi discussing about when one is in love could apply even to his relationship with Senjougahara.
I did not learn anything new in this episode in the first 17 minutes about Araragi's relationship to Hanekawa previously to Bake. However, my main beef with the scenes are just how boring the dialogue was. There were parts of Nise that drove me crazy, like the toothbrush, but rather than stupid this was just boring. It felt like Nisio was on auto pilot and didn't even try. It doesn't help that Tsukihi is by far my least favorite character in Monogatari. And unlike other people here I do not believe in wincest.

There is a difference between an author's intent though and how much an author succeeds at expressing that intent. I can see the point of Nekomonogatari, but the way they are going about in telling this story in the first episode is anything but good to me.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote