View Single Post
Old 2008-08-21, 00:44   Link #327
Wildstar

This is the (well, an) anniversary Macross. They are referencing and tying in all the various series. They've made more than one reference to Macross Zero.

Varja = Bird Humans

From there, let's say that Ranka has Bird Human DNA as part of her heritage like the people on the island in Macross Zero. Let's say the scientists on the research fleet were experimenting with a virus that they hoped could ADD Bird Human DNA to a human without that heritage. (only Bird-Human related humans can interact with and possibly control Bird Human/Varja technology)

Let's say further, as often happens in real life, no one would let the scientists move on to human testing with the virus, so Mao Nome injected herself. Whatever happened turned back her biological clock and wiped her memory... Sheryl Nome IS Mao Nome. Maybe the virus wipes anyone's memory, which would be a handy tie-in to explain Ranka and Brera's gaps. (or the events were seperate, the virus turned back the clock, but evil Grace has some way of wiping people's memory... or such a thing was accidentally discovered in the lab for the first time when it accidentally affected Sheryl/Mao?)

Or better yet... Mao didn't tell anyone she injected herself, ended up amnesia-ridden and therefore helpless and homeless. The amnesia at least explains the homelessness... and then Grace figured out what had happened and managed to track her down.

I'm not married to the Sheryl is Mao idea, but I thought it was an as-of-yet unconsidered possibility.

I AM married to the Varja = Bird Human concept however.

You just wait. I betcha.