View Single Post
Old 2009-12-12, 11:35   Link #842
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Really? I don't think so, the way they are dressed doesn't look like it. The nation is run by enuchs and all of their hair is long and straight. The Manchu(The men mainly) had their long hair braided into a very long pony tail which to me indicates that the Mongols/Manchurians never conquered China.
Manchuria probably became a province of China. Notice that during the UFN meeting, one of the representatives is dressed like a Qing official. Tianzi and her bodyguards look more Ming/Han inspired.

Quote:
For the Chinese Federation, this nation is based on the Manchu Dynasty of our timeline (Manchu Dynasty lasted from the 1680s-1911 when it collasped, which was succededed by the Republic of China, then the People's Republic of China). Of course, the differences are is that it has seized the Indian subcontinent from Britannia (assuming that it was during the Humiliation of Edinburgh, otherwise they wouldn't have the military strength to take it from them), Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikstan), Indochinese Peninsula, Indonesia, Philippines, and all the Pacific Islands that Britannia didn't claim. Of course, Britannia conquered part the Indochinese Peninsula which I assume is what wouldve been French Indochina which is Area 10, Britannia then conquered the Philippines (area 12), and Cambodia (Area 13), plus Papua New Guinea (Area 14). Whether or not Britannia has also taken the Southern Pacific Islands (Area 15), the Korean peninsula (Area 16), and Indonesia (area 17) is up to debate due to the fact that in Episode 16 R2, they are shown to be under U.F.N. control (which could be a screwup on the producers' side).
Which of course was all contradicted by all the maps the show has given us. I already mentioned that they seem to have a base in Cambodia but never explained what the role of the country was. Note that they still referred to it as Cambodia and not an Area. A good explanation (read: cop-out) would be that it's just an embassy seeing that Britannia is at peace with the Chinese Federation.

tl;dr - CG world really makes no sense.
The Bloodlust Kid is offline   Reply With Quote