View Single Post
Old 2012-07-07, 00:06   Link #1121
Undertaker

@karice67

Q1: I wasn't at Japan, but I was at Taiwan at the time.

Q2: Simply put, creating as many interact points between the market and the product.

I'll give you the PVs, however those PVs of HanaIro were officially released on Youtube channel as well, (which has for past two have become a legit advertising tool in Japan). In addition, the background music from nano.RIPE, a debuting band add a little publicity for it as well. Their first 5 singles all tie in to HanaIro as well, which provide additional spots that Anohana doesn't have.

As for posters, I did mention that Seibu Rail did have poster on them as well in Chichibu City Statation.

On the other hand, Nanao Rail does the same thing so at on that front we can say at least both work were the same. (Though the follow up effort is vastly different but that's different story)

Magazine promotion and related work, I'm assuming you're agree with me.

So it really comes down to, TV spots.

Now while I not in Japan at time, I do watch enough variety shows and j-drama and can't recall seeing much CM spots about it, However I do see Variety Shows especially traveling and music variety mentioning the work, So take it for what it's worth.

Anyway, the point I was making is that most anime's primary marketing tool is manga magazine unless you have outside economical ties like say Gundams or even say AKB0048. For an original work with no prior fan base, Anohana's promotion too lacking to say call it a work targeting casual viewers.

Lastly Hanasaku's best time slot was in TOKYO MX on Sunday, 22:00-22:30 compare to Thursday 25:15-25:25 late night slot. You just don't see anime on that early a slot if it was targeting hardcore crowd.

But again this is just my take and was really not related to the original question about the condition of noitaminA.

Now looking at the ratings, the [C]/AnoHana season is obvious the second peak of noitaminA. The question here is rating regained and then subsequently lost, are the casual audience or hardcore anime fans (who should watch anything to begin with)?

EDIT:

Also one thing I think should pointed out is that the early noitaminA anime has a lot of tied-in to them even if the works were all Shojo and Josei based. Honey & Clover, Hataraki Man, Antique Bakery, Nodame, they all have popular TV drama adaption ahead of it in addition to solid fanbase who read the original manga. Paradise Kiss, Ayakashi on the other hand have source works that had mainstream publicity.

All these factors were sort of missing in recent adaptions with Thermae Romae and Usagi Drop been the only notable exception and interesting both work were able to hold down the 2% line.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-07-07 at 00:34.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote