View Single Post
Old 2012-10-15, 01:29   Link #253
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Sort of. The game encourages it with the Valkyrie Achievement. I don't have enough veteran females by default.
The annoying thing is, this game is NOT designed around mass firings. I have to click fire for every individual one at a time. Back in the original I can fire 30 people in 20 seconds.
(Is it really "firing" though? I mean, they got paid for showing up, then walk out of the HQ with a cheque for doing nothing...)
You gotta admit. It's funny watching all 6 of your guys opening fire, especially when a muton berserker crashes onto the scene.

Just like that Expendables 2 scene.

Quote:
Will put that into consideration.

New tip for savescummers; If you want to guarantee a soldier be Psionic, here is what you do.

1. Save after a mission, and fast forward scanning the Earth hoping that no attacks or UFOs appear. If emergencies pop up, deal with it and save the game, then return to scanning until you find 10 days of uninterrupted peace.

2. If no emergencies pop up after ten days, load the save. Now, take your desired soldier and put her in Psi training. Save.

3. Fast forward 10 days and see if she is Psionic. If she failed, load the save, take her out of the Psi-lab, then put her back in. Save. Then repeat the fast-forward.

Every time your soldier get taken out of the lab and then returns, her probability of being Psionic is re-rolled. So in effect you are re-booting her test results. This works, as I say, only if you have 10 days of uninterrupted peace.
Sounds like an awful lot of work and a lot of saves/loads. Not really worth it. Given the statistics you'll get enough psi soldiers anyways.

Quote:
My squad's running plasma weapons and carapace, with 1 in psi armour, 1 in titan, 1 in archangel :L

only lost 2 countries from the council. Bumrushed the terror missions and managed to not get any operators killed XD
Same here, figured I put the priority missions off as long as possible.

My team now is
2x Assaults
2x Heavies
1x Support
1x Sniper

All using plasma-based weaponry and archangel armour. I know the Titan is the best armor but the Archangel armour gives a boost in accuracy and speed meaning you're guaranteed to score a hit and get from point a to point b faster. I usually had my Support use the Ghost armor cause it was cool with the cloak and all and the grappling but the archangel gets the point

Plus, with the archangel armor cover isn't necessary since I keep my guys close (and away from grenades) so firepower is optimized.

On that matter does anyone here bother using the SHIV units? I built the hover unit but I'm wondering if there's any point to it.

And the Sectopods are so damn annoying. I mean on this UFOs you shoot down I literally thought there was some factory pumping them out. On a supply ship that landed I had to fight through 5-6 of those monsters and my squad suffered heavy casualties (no deaths just really really bad wounds for 7-14 days)
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote