Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Brothers)
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-04, 23:53   Link #1003
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
(...) He feels responsible for Brian's death even though it wasn't his fault. This appears to be the reason he's drowning himself in alcohol right now. That and the pressure he's under for currently designing Hibito's parachute (...)
Nah, I think that he was just bitter that some fag who has no idea about engineering and to whom money are most important is in charge. Seeing that a no-name company got suddenly money to do the work he has been doing for years could piss anyone off. Especially since millions (or billions/milliards) were spent on his project so suddenly switching the companies was the stupidest thing anyone could do (yeah, a company that hasn't worked on a parachute before could suddenly do it faster and cheaper than Pico, aha). Plus he's annoyed that he was powerless in that kind of a situation and even though he knew this might end badly he had no power to change it.

I think the hint to this was given when Mutta said that you always have to be prepared that something will go wrong so you need tests and Pico being confident that his parachute will definitely work since he is the one who made it.

Anyway, I think the reason he's not doing anything is the reason he gave himself, i.e. he doesn't expect any results from a bunch of amateurs, it's just child's play so why bother helping them? Since NASA didn't give him any serious work he may as well play games and fart. On some level he might feel a bit responsible for Brian's death but IMO it's not the main issue.
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote