View Single Post
Old 2004-01-13, 16:35   Link #19
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
First of all I'd like to thank everyone here for making their opinions known. I don't think that we mods are likely to post much in here because we are having our own discussion in private. I am telling you this because I want you to know that we are paying a great deal of attention to what you are saying, so please continue. As Flash_Squirrel has said, we care about this problem and are trying to decide how serious it is and what to do about it. Your words here may influence our decisions.

As for forum members helping to cool down flaming, please remember never to attack the flamers. Merely request that they cool things off, or else try bringing the conversation back to the topic. Never confront a flamer or you will be dragged into the argument. Keep this in mind and you too can help fight forum fires. Thank you very much if you want to try.

Just one final note. People have expressed doubt about the usefulness of a temporary ban in cooling down flames. My usual reaction to flamers is a two day ban and a polite PM explaining why. I usually get one of two responses to this. Either the flamer appologizes and tries to do better or else he says "FU, I'm quitting your stupid forum for good, you biased nazi." (actually it can get nastier than this) Either way the problem is solved, although the second response does hurt my feelings. Of course this doesn't solve all problems, but that is what permanent bans are for.
awww.... that was really nicely put.

maybe we should use my 3 warning rule that I use with my students?

1. 5 min timeout on AS: pm from a Mod
2. 10 min timeout on AS: pm from a Mod plus 1 day ban
3. no recess or freetime on AS: pm from a Mod plus 3-5 ban

lol... this is only a joke!!
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote