View Single Post
Old 2007-10-04, 20:37   Link #568
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
The OP is just outstanding. And is it my imagination that the character design seems a bit different, maybe a bit closer to the original novel? Maybe this point has been discussed before; if so, I'm sorry to repeat it. I see from ANN and the official site that the staff appears to be the same.
Not your imagination, I also thought the same. And I'm sure a lot of other people think the same. It doesn't look >that< different, but its definitely not 100% consistent with season one.

And here's my first take at the first episode. I just watched it raw and couldn't make much of it, but obviously there are somethings that you can point out just by watching the scenes and all.

First, the OP song is really good and I really enjoyed it. For the first couple seconds there, I thought it would go the Zombie Loan way and it made me quite nervous, but after Kawada Mami's voice kicked in, I was overflowing with joy. Great song and great Opening sequence. Second thing I have to point out is the animation quality, which is still very consistent. Even some less-important scenes have a high frame count and are really well done, which is something I appreciate. Obviously, the little modifications they've done to the character design take their toll in my overall experience, since I think that Shana is looking way Kagome-like to my taste. I've discussed this back many pages ago and I won't bring it up again, but I would certainly like that they fixed this minor "bug". Ending sequence was very nice and I enjoyed the song. Not on the same level as Yowake Umarekuru Shoujo, since I think that song was really exceptional, but still very good. It also follows about the same ending sequence as the first series, so I was really pleased by that.

Spoiler for First episode impressions and rants:

Now waiting for a subbed release! Oh boy, oh boy.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote