View Single Post
Old 2012-05-06, 17:42   Link #142
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I've watched it three times, twice when the show had ended.

While watching it in one go kills the surprise element, knowing what's to come only made me understand the story even more and gave me more room to explore the characters themselves. In fact, it was said (I believe by Shinbou himself) that watching all the episode prior to episode 10 again was mandatory to understand what exactly was going on, and I can't help but agree with that, as only then did we see hints that tied some elements together later on, like what Homura's true power was, what she's been going through and how that all related to Madoka.

I think your friend simply didn't like it from the get-go and sought an excuse that would make other people feel the same way.
same.... I think if you rewatch it, it will help you to gain more understanding about the story... (I have re-watched for 3 times too I think)

it's not only my friend...
you can check it in this thread
after the series ended, most people who watch it all in one day give a low rating and talk about this is an incomplete anime or something like that

I remember when we were still following this anime since it first aired... discussing about 'you know what' scene in ep 3, Sayaka's fate, Homura's true identity, and Kyubey's 'villain' part
yeah! you also can't forget about the waiting part for 1 month because of Japan's earthquake (damn! it's my birthday...)
that's when Madoka's discussion and rating rocketed up because of ending's speculation
for me, I got a hard time to understand every part in this anime... luckily, I'm following every discussions here and I'm falling in love with this anime (one of the best I ever watched... and maybe the best 12-episode anime too)

well, that's all my opinion
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote