View Single Post
Old 2008-01-10, 04:38   Link #198
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You could start a Light Novel thread in the Manga section -- that'd be best until 'Spice and Wolf' develops enough traffic for a subforum... a separate manga thread might be best as well if one isn't already in progress. (haven't looked yet) If a subforum develops, the mods would just move the threads over if they thought it useful.

My quote "impossible for more than a journey"..... heh, I didn't say I thought the journey would be short -- journeys can takes *years* so I think there's plenty of time possible for a long relationship. They're heading towards her home country in the Far North and a lot can happen on the way -- which makes for a lot of potential story. The countryside looks mid-latitude, which means it may be one or more thousand miles to her homeland (at 5 miles a day, maybe... not including stops).

However, even if it takes years.... Horo is a young immortal and Lawrence isn't. I'll just point you to Arwen and Aragorn in Lord of the Rings (though it is a fantasy.... there's nothing that says Horo must stay immortal so far). Romance is sweet yet bitter.