View Single Post
Old 2010-10-28, 11:46   Link #1269
Bolt237

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
Try Final Cut Pro?

As for filtering out instruments... I know that you can do a sort of audio-subtraction thing with tracks to make something like this using Audacity. There are also some tutorials on removing vocals ONLY if they are centered in the song...

Very hard to filter out instrument parts, so I don't think you'd have much luck on that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kragma View Post
I've been using premiere for the videos I do, which is a ridiculous overkill for webcam-sourced video but does allow for picture in picture and titles and such. Audio is all coming off my USB box and recorded in Audacity.

@Bolt237
You can't really filter out guitar without squashing the vocals too. I often do a high pass filter for bass, but it can also do bad things to vocals and doesn't really get all the bass either. It's more complicated for guitar.
Is that (final cut) free either O.o?
Yeah that's what I meant... I want to sort of filter out the high parts (like guitars and vocals) so I can play around with some of the songs. Also, like the chanel you pointed me to, that would be super-useful for tabbing things that don't have official scores--it'll be a lot easier than trying to pick out instruments by ear which I've sorta been doing
Bolt237 is offline   Reply With Quote