View Single Post
Old 2010-11-17, 11:35   Link #4
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibakun View Post
Hello everyone,

I've been a long time manga reader and fan of the anime and just wanted to see what you guys think if they added blood/gore to the anime. In my opinion it's one of the factors that is not making fairy tail as much of a hit as One Piece/Naruto where in I really think it has that potential.

I'm not saying Fairy tail isn't popular but leaving out the gore reduces the impact/emotional effect of what they are trying to convey in the anime.

What do you guys think about that issue? Would adding gore/blood increase the fan base of Fairy Tail?
Probably not. A lot of the censoring such as blood and knives is probably at the request of the network, as part of what they and advertisers are comfortable with for that timeslot. Raising the rating from PG to PG-13 by adding back in the blood, knives, theoretically lethal slashes, and so forth would probably also cause a change in timeslot. Probably a change to a time when less people are watching. Especially as most popular timeslots are going to involve some sort of toning down.

In other words, while it might improve the series for the hardcore fans, it would probably shrink the general fanbase for the anime.

Also keep in mind it's largely impossible to be as big a hit ratings wise as One Piece(usually in the top 5 competing with series that have been on forever), but it's not that far behind Naruto in the ratings either. There's a reason the series got a second season soon enough that they could just keep going from their originally planned endpoint without any interruption.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote