Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-03, 18:17   Link #428
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
For real? plastic as in plastic surgery or plastic as in fake?
AKB girls are the real-est idols I know..what other idols you know go around joking about butt or photoshop wedding dress pictures of their boss?

best thing about AKB is that they're not afraid to look stupid...:3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXI-BtwSHfE
Plastic as in a bit fake and overly glossy for a group that is marketed as "ordinary, approachable girls who happen to be idols". And plastic as in pandering to stereotypes in a way that I find a bit unattractive.
For examples of what I mean, just take a look at the suggestive nature of their lyrics, or some of their videos... It just invokes this very unattractive image in my mind of middle aged, sexually frustrated men, erm, drooling over these girls doing cutesy things while singing about their school uniforms being taken off :S

I know this is somehow the case for all idols, but AKB is more than proactively pandering to this type of fanbase which makes them less attractive to me. I just don't like these types of things- same reason I don't enjoy anime that are clearly geared towards otaku. I don't mean and offence to those who enjoy this, but it's just not something I identify with

You know what, I might have the wrong impression- for one I didn't get the same vibe from the anime (much preferred it to the actual group) that I got from their MV's, so I might be proven wrong in time. This is just my first impression of them which I hope will change.

edit: thanks for those links, I'm looking at them now. I've heard that thing about Sayaka and thought it was sweet
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote