View Single Post
Old 2007-04-24, 07:42   Link #1641
arkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Things get their own forum if the traffic warrants..... sometimes a series has a huge initial surge of topics, gets its own forum, and then all you can hear are crickets and tumbleweeds (simply not much to say or some other shiny grabs hold) -- recent examples include kashimashi and Negima!?, both had this happen to them. The "goodness" is irrelevant.

However, Lucky Star is based on a rather popular 4-koma manga -- that plus hype from the production company involved stirred up a lot of curiousity at the least. The humor is subtle and at times mild so it may not be to everyone's taste.
Really? I was under the impression (mistaken or not) that it wasn't that popular a manga *shrugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
welllllll, even a.f.k. makes mistakes.... the dentist sequence had some grammar errors even allowing for casual speech patterns. But yes, LC could probably use some editing and QC assistance. They've recently acquired some new help so they may be working out the kinks.
Just out of interest what were these errors (genuine question). I'm sort of basing my personal softsubs on raws and a mixture of groups but mainly a.f.k. subs and I'd like to get any bugs ironed out. PM if you don't feel it's appropriate for this thread.
arkon is offline   Reply With Quote