View Single Post
Old 2007-06-08, 16:19   Link #193
bleakessence

@hayami
I don't seem to sense the snobbiness/lack of concern that you seem to feel in Watashiya's blog entry. What I do sense is some major disappointment masked with words of respect and advice.

What I also noticed in her entry is her confirmation that the differences in culture between both countries are *way* too much right now for her manga to go mainstream in America just yet. This realization is probably what makes her say such things in her blog, instead of fighting for KnJ's release abroad.

@chapter six
Like to point out two possible errors:
*page 4, middle scene: "...disliking a certain essay, when make my visit."
*page 23, lowest-left scene: I think that's an empty "shout" balloon in front of the teacher's face... is it?

Despite Rin's perky character, I detect a strong whiff of a new kind of moe! Not the usual "weak and helpless crybaby" kind of moe, but a "pain and angst covered up with a precocious/strong-willed facade" type of moe. o_O;

Quote:
Few days ago I found out that some of my (ex?)friends jig in delight that the US KnJ release was cancelled ( because they can get the scanlations now !! ). After that I thought nothing can shock me anymore, yet I was wrong.
I'll be blunt: I'm one of those who benefits from the scanlations. My city has absolutely zero sources for anime/manga. The only manga shop I knew (and was well hidden to boot) closed down years ago. So the only way for me to enjoy my anime/manga are either bootlegged copies or fansubs/scanlations. I choose the lesser (and cheaper) of the two evils
bleakessence is offline   Reply With Quote