View Single Post
Old 2010-12-21, 22:38   Link #693
Taufiq91

Quote:
Originally Posted by netvope View Post
Sorry for going a bit off-topic =)

Have you ever heard of a fan-made project to create an animation for Houkago-TeaTime@Budokan? I'm probably day-dreaming but I don't want to miss the 0.0001% chance that it exist. Since the manga material for that doesn't exist, and KyoAni probably wouldn't create it, the only way to fulfill Yui/Azusa/Mio/Mugi/Ritsu's dream is for the fans to create it. Though, it would be exceedingly difficult, I guess...

I'm not optimistic that they will announce a 3rd season after the concert. Do you think the Japanese otaku or anybody would be interested and motivated to work on such a project?
i have an idea for an Entourage/Flight of the Conchords-based manga featuring Hokago Tea Time where they all moved to New york after college and perform as an indie band where they open for acts like Arcade Fire and Mars Volta and performing at SXSW and Glastonbury. And then they get their music to appear in teen TV shows and Twilight films (ala Muse) and their fame finally goes back to their roots, Japan as they finally perform at Budokan in the end.

I always consider HTT to be something the New York indie scene could enjoy. I want to expand on that idea more. K-on! as an Entourage-styled series would be an amazing fit. It's like a mix of MGMT and Wondergirls, in the Big Apple.

There will also be some interesting subplots where the band struggles to survive by having jobs including:
-Mio & Yui become part-time models while being bassist & guitarist for HTT
-Yui and Azusa work as a part-time club DJ duo after band gigs and runway jobs.
-Ui follows Yui & the gang to New York and enrols in NYU as a film student
-Ritsu decides to enrol in a fashion design academy after seeing Mio & Yui doing runway while drumming for HTT
-Tsumugi becomes a top socialite, hanging out with Hollywood celebrities and billionaires and using her influence to gain gigs for Hokago tea Time.

This is what i see in K-On.

And yes i have huge hipster cred for listening to Arcade Fire and MGMT, but since they're famous now i only listen to Baroque-Reggae Metal from Hokkaido. I'm so hipster.

Last edited by Taufiq91; 2010-12-22 at 00:20.
Taufiq91 is offline   Reply With Quote