View Single Post
Old 2013-01-10, 18:55   Link #312
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
The anime reminds me of those commonly used plots in romance novels: two people who absolutely can't stand each other ends up falling in love.
Not at all, that's something completely different. Neither Masuzu nor Eita have any form of dislike, much less hate, for each other. The only thing they both dislike is love itself.
If Masuzu disliked Eita, she would've never picked him to play her fake boyfriend. You don't ask someone you hate to pretend to be your boyfriend.
Same goes for Eita. If he would dislike Masuzu in any form, he would've never agreed. He was quite reluctant already, and if he'd disliked her in any way, not even the notebook would've been enough for him to agree.

At the very least, Masuzu and Eita are indifferent to each other. I would however say that they even have a bit of sympathy for each other (even if they won't admit it yet). This sympathy made Masuzu pick Eita as a suitable candidate, and it made Eita play along and not flat out reject her.

Thus, with the seeds already being there, it's not a long shot that something will develop from it.
Therefore, it's very different from from some extremely unrealistic (and generally very schmalzy) love story where they start hating each other and end up loving each other.