View Single Post
Old 2012-10-22, 06:45   Link #92
SHINOBI-03

Quote:
Originally Posted by F21 View Post
My claim is valid. I'll have to steal one of SHINOBI-03's images to demonstrate this:
Here's another example of bad masters. You can't see the projected aura on her shoulder.

But here's an example of unnecessary change. They made the room dark so they can make Killua "hide" in the dark instead of adapting the scene as it is and show Rythm Echo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
I find it hilarious that whenever MH adds fillers users here praise them but at the same time they criticize Nippon's ones (even though they fit perfectly, e.g. when Kurapica says that Gon has his own objective or when Hisoka was pretty sure that Gon would make it to the next phase of the exam or the hilarious Leorio scene in episode 61 when Leorio took the phone and Kurapica hang up on him at that moment or when in episode 7 Kurapica wasn't shown as a coward like in the new anime or the manga or not showing Tonpa's true face, etc.). MH fillers for once weren't awful, ALTHOUGH they were there to hand-hold the viewer and explain some things explicitly. Still, they served no purpose story-wise (unlike 1999 ones).
The problem with the 1999 filler was the unnecessary character development and most of the time it gave inconsistent portrait for the characters. I'm not saying it's all bad, but most of them are. The 2011 filler tries to expand the universe but without being inconsistent.

Quote:
1) Gon + Killua scene
Why did they even choose a subway if it added nothing? It was a change for the sake of changes to show they can do more than copying/pasting frames from the manga. Plus the train stopping didn't make any sense, attacks were on the surface and a subway station would be more safe than in the middle of the route for various reasons (since the risk of other train crashing into this one would become even smaller - not that it would be big in the first place, there are safety mechanisms for that but it's never good for a train to stop in the middle of a route where trains usually reach maximum speed - plus there would be no risk of panic). And hey, it's dark in the metro/subway so it's shit right?

It was unnecessary, but my guess they wanted to show us how is the surrounding areas are doing with the attacks that are happening. As for the darkness in the subway, like I said: If you're going to make it dark, make it in a way we can see what's going on and not making it pitch black.

It's dark here, but we can see.

Quote:
It's another proof that you're completely biased about the old version and can't notice (or don't want to notice) even obvious things.

In fact Nippon's animation is closer to the original. In MH's version he looks as if Kurapica had eaten his chocolates (plus Kanako Mitsuhashi did a great job portraying Killua's irritation).

He was angry twice during the call. The first was after he got told to stay out of Kurapika's business (not seen in the 1999 version), and the second which is the picture you've posted when he was yelling at him in return.

Quote:
2) Kurapica's scenes
They have distorted the way he was being presented in the manga. Kurapica being held up by Nostrade has presented him as someone unresorceful which is not true at all. Even if he was ordered to stay with Neon he would give Nostrade a handful of good arguments to do otherwise so he could go after the spider. Firstly, a powerful nen user like himself would be like a beacon so Neon would be more at risk if he was there (Nostrade wouldn't have to know about zetsu). Secondly, it was a given that she would be evacuated from the building to the ambulance so he could say that he has to clear the path. Thirdly if someone would want her dead she would have already been dead since the young man that was with Neon might have been the reason she lost consciousness. But that's not as bad as Kurapica reaching Chrollo and then going down. If he would really reach him he would not go back until he killed him or died trying no matter what anyone would tell him, especially if it was someone he despised (and probably wanted dead after they would serve their purpose).
In the old version we didn't exactly know what was the reason why he didn't fight him, it might have been as simple as his en not being powerful enough. Less was better in this case because no matter how they would explain it isses as the ones above could arise. On the other hand it provided a topic to discuss within HxH fanbase. As always, old anime staff has shown it understands Togashi's intentions better than the MH crew.

3) Nostrade's scenes
In the manga and in the old anime Nostrade was blinded by rage and wanted Kurapica to kill the person responsible for his daughter's condition while Kurapica expressed that Neon's safety should be the priority. And the scenes with this bodyguard were utterly pointless.
Kurapika's main mission was to hunt the Spiders, but that changed to protecting Neon after her gambit. The guards didn't allow the ambulance to pass at first but they had to as ordered by Nostrade. And since there was a Spider on the loose in the same building he couldn't afford to leave her for a long time.

Quote:
But Hunterpedia segment isn't part of the anime, right (I'm referring here to people who said that when I brought up the infamous scenes with Gon x Killua moments)?
But they still provide information that were not mentioned in the episode.

Last edited by SHINOBI-03; 2012-10-22 at 07:04.
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote