View Single Post
Old 2013-01-23, 22:55   Link #587
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
I wouldn't call the finale "best". Like the rest of Stars, it really dragged on and it was "Usagi single handedly saves everyone" again. It happened in almost all the series before, I would have liked another approach.
I know. It was totally great! I wish that most anime final battles could be a quarter as good as Stars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
It's rumored (but the truth will never be known) that she was the one that blocked the rights of the anime for a long time.
Unsubstantiated rumors are basically worthless. In any case, she had very little creative control over the anime. I think that all Takeuchi did was write lyrics for the theme song, and it was pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Kidding aside I'm the admin of the Okada social group on this forum and thread starter of the Okada thread so believe me I quite like the woman but there's other writers out there and I feel they should get a shot too, Okada's already had her hands in a couple of big name remakes with Kenshin and Lupin III.
Cool stuff. It's a bit of a shame that Okada gets unfairly maligned at times. I have heard some dire things about the Legend of Fujiko Mine though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I would.
I loved the hell out of Stars. It will always be my favorite season! That finale was amazing~ *.* It was everything you could expect a finale to be....and it was a lot better than the manga one....which was really.....quite odd. >_>
(I'm talking about what happened with Galaxia, of course. Not the wedding. )
Precisely. They threw in about a dozen different kinds of attacks against the main villain. Most of these would be the ones that would win the day in lesser shows - power of friendship, using the villain's power, team attacks, and so on, but Sailor Moon in the end wasn't about any of that. It's probably in my top 3 final battles in anime.

I don't really rewatch Sailor Moon all that often, but if I do, it's probably the final episodes of Stars.