View Single Post
Old 2007-01-06, 18:27   Link #130
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaris View Post
By the way, when you say they have yet to delve into the land of never-done, you mean that Kyoto Animation hasn't as of yet animated any original stories - stories that didn't come from manga or games or novels but from anime that was made to be on the tv screen first and foremost? Do you understand what I'm asking?
Sorry for the late reply. By the time I noticed your follow up post, all I could manage a quick edit before going to bed, that is, if I didn't want to wake up groggy and pissed at the prospect of having to go to work. I snuck in a few times in the past couple of days, but those were quick in and out.

Skane's response was right on the spot along with my thought process. Thanks Skane!

Just to elaborate a bit more, KyoAni is not only good at animation, but they are also very good at selecting the appropriate VA's that would fit the portrayed personality of a character. Music and tone are wonderfully done by KyoAni as well. Tone captures the mode of a said dialogue by combining drawing, animation, music, the seiyuu, and even the arrangement of the series itself (Suzumiya Haruhi) which will try to capture the desired atmosphere for any given scene. Because all those things were able to come together, the impact near the end of this episode was so heartfelt and resonated with so many audience.

I'm seriously appreciating the effort they are putting together for this series. What is even better, the 2nd half of the story has all the ingredient in place to make this series even more enjoyable than it already is. It makes me excited to no end.