View Single Post
Old 2009-02-12, 01:44   Link #301
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
My good friend Otseis summed this up nicely: "the one thing that gives One Piece a bit more than Naruto is that Oda actually enjoys working on it."

When Oda does a chapter, you can tell that he's having a ball just doing random shit left and right. I honestly think Kishimoto's not had so much fun writing Naruto as he has in the last few chapters, he's really flipped the "Saiyan-Switch" as it were.

It seems to me that Kishi's trying to wrap this up quickly to move on, maybe he's come up with a better idea? I had another theory that it may be leading up to another series set during Naruto's reign as the Hokage only with a different cast of front characters.
Does seem that Kishimoto is really rushing. It's his own fault for making such a huge cast that he never fully explored. For whatever reason he just keeps going from fight to fight with nothing but training scenes between. He never seems to take a step back after a big fight and just have some FUN chapters. Like with One Piece. You seem to notice that Oda has some really epic battles, but he also has a lot of fun stuff in between and never seems to focus on training. Everything is in retrospect and training and preparations happen off scene. Like with Nami's debut of the Clima Tempo or the Clima Tempo upgrades using dials. (though in the one movie we see Usopp working on it.)