View Single Post
Old 2012-05-19, 00:28   Link #202
battle22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
I look forward to playing your project! I love Umineko VN fanfics.

I've been wondering: exactly how much easier is Ren'Py to use than ONScripter for making an Umineko forgery?

A while back I decided to make an Umineko fanfic forgery of my own, and began plotting it out and starting to write it, but it became obvious really soon that it would work much better in VN format. So I've been looking getting the ONScripter software and things and beginning to look up how to use it. Kinjo's guide is a godsend; I'd probably have given up on the idea by now without it. But if Ren'Py is so much easier to use, maybe I should try that instead? I have some programming experience, albeit from about ten years ago, but not in any of the languages involved in the VN programs.

If I go ahead with it, I really want an "authentic" sounding/looking Umineko fangame. I'm not planning to have many custom images or sprites either (...except if I can talk anyone into editing the goat sprite so it has a Battler-style pointing hand).
Onscripter is a little harder yeah. renpy is pretty simple and easy.
Btw For those who are using CHiru script as base to there VNs,
ld command as you can see is changed but that doesnt mean the original ld command is deleted. When you want to load the sprite and you dont have it numaliased , you can use _ld (c,r,l),":a;whereyourspriteis.extension", effect
battle22 is offline   Reply With Quote