View Single Post
Old 2012-12-01, 11:19   Link #31269
goldendust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealym View Post
Oh, could you point out where that exchange took place? I'd consider looking at it again ... I doubt she was addressing Shannon, since Erika pays ASTOUNDINGLY little attention to her in EP5, EP6, and EP8. Like I said before, I don't think Erika worked out Shkanon at all at that time.
It was after the dinner scene with the cheese puzzle. Erika was talking with Battler that it would bad if the numbers did not thin out by the night. Shannon had a flustered reaction.

I figured that Ryukishi did not have Erika focus too much on the two as it would give away too much rather that Erika goes after a false culprit or rather after Battler. Besides it seemed more like Bernkastel just wanted to screw around rather than try to find out the truth, so I see little reason why Erika could act against Bernkastel's wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkama View Post
I doubt it. Bernkastel was seeing the game through Battler which was a false perspective and never really communicated with Erika and just sorta let Erika do her own thing. Erika ignored most of the family and just focused entirely on Natsuhi. If she did start paying attention to Shannon and Kanon in the 6th game she likely wouldn't notice one of them not being in the last game as she really didn't pay attention to them in the first place.

Bernkastel probably figured it out some time in the 6th game though although she didn't inform Erika cause that would probably have been boring to her. If not during then soon after as she obviously knew the solution in the 7th game.
Didn't Bernkastel witness the calls between Natsuhi and the man from 19 years ago? I do not think she just seeing the game just through Battler.

I figured that Erika focused on everyone in the parlor hence why she wanted the red to confirm that everyone is there with the world "everyone".

Also Erika only focused on Natsuhi later on when she wanted to corner her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealym View Post
And about Will conveniently not really tackling Yasu's motives (I thought he gave some kind of hand-wave like "this should be enough to understand it. Yeah, I get it.") well, how ... very convenient for Ryukishi that the character Ryukishi wrote to be a competent detective doesn't mention any discrepancies in the motive of the culprit Ryukishi wrote. Love, or whatever.™ Or, I guess that sounds kinda dismissive - it's similar to how Kanon was just so glossed over in EP7, though.
I could be misunderstanding things but if you take the scene where Beatrice regains her memory and has that memory about "mother" that it explains the motive/birth of Beatrice better than all of the EP7. Somehow EP7 did not really help to explain the motive that much. I feel that the important parts like Yasu finding out about being "furniture" was too glossed over. I figure that would be a more important component of her motivation than Battler's forgetfulness.

In first four games, I figured that the motive of carrying out the epitaph to gain the prizes of the golden land was the motive that was consistently hinted at. Maria who was the closest to Beatrice also shared the belief that Beatrice was going to bring them all to the Golden Land. I do not think another motive has been hinted at that much. Besides in EP3 it is implied that Beatrice could so cruelly carry out the murders since they would revive anyway.

Sure it requires Shannon/Kannon to be incredibly delusional but at least I could understand why they could put on such a cruel murder plot against the people they love.

Last edited by goldendust; 2012-12-01 at 11:33.
goldendust is offline   Reply With Quote