View Single Post
Old 2013-01-26, 23:56   Link #31780
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Yeah, but not of Rokkenjima, 1986. Unless he lied to Yukari about not being able to remember, which is also quite possible.
Cool, but EP7 couldn't possibly have existed in 1986 so it's irrelevant?

Regardless, making Will represent Toya is redundant; Sorcerer Battler already embodies Toya. That's the entire point of his ascension as the Territory Lord.

Quote:
I get your sarcasm, but I don't get your point. As far as my Japanese knowledge goes, there's nothing even close to a number-pun that could be made to link Asumu to Ikuko.
Someone around here posted a pretty damn good one somewhere.

Not that it really matters; isn't the main number pun more to do with the "Toya Hachijou" name? The Toya was pretty important and 'Ikuko' isn't all that special, if I recall.

And of course, the entire number pun = 18 = Toya anyway.

Quote:
You know that from..... where? The forgeries? Or did you perhaps get a glimpse of RokkenjimaPrime?
Because Ikuko doesn't have amnesia, so if she's Yasu, then she knows what happened on Rokkenjima. She was there.

Quote:
Again, you base that from your knowledge about the forgeries.
The Forgeries have nothing to do with my reasoning, it's simple deductive logic.

Quote:
I show you what you essentially do: Let's assume Eva went Psycho and killed everyone:

If Ikuko is a random stranger then she's fucking with an amnesiac person to selfishly compensate for her loneliness and inferiority complex, by having him as her private "talk-buddy-slave" and then she realizes that she can use him to make money and start a great novelist career by using his knowledge from the Rokkenjima incident that he feels uncomfortable about! She's basically taking a traumatized survivor from Rokkenjima and forces memories out of him that cleary hurt him to remember, just so she can have a great and successful career!

Meanwhile Ikuko as Yasu is taking care of him and even though overchallenged with this task, trying her best, and her harm done to him is pretty much entirely unintentional because she was convinced that he was hurting because he did only partially remember and because of that tried to made him remember so he can fully remember and "close that case and move on".

Random!Ikuko has a nasty ulterior motive based around abducting a random defenseless person, manipulating him, making him her fulltime roommate (and possibly her "boyfried") and essentially just using him as a cash cow. Yasu!Ikuko has no ulterior motive because she was just protecting him from Eva.
This is stupid, and you KNOW it's stupid. Ikuko as a stranger doesn't entertain the idea of having Toya write with her until they've been living together for a considerable amount of time, meanwhile trying to get him healthy and recollecting his memories with no clear benefit to herself.

Also, there's no indication that the Hachijous are profiting off the Rokkenjima Forgeries since they...you know...post them on internet forums.

Meanwhile Yasu!Ikuko is willingly withholding information from Toya no matter how you slice it, and this is unethical because the uncertainty of everything is giving him extreme emotional trauma for literally over a decade.

Yasu!Ikuko has the means of easing Toya's self-torture in every possible situation, and does nothing about it. Random!Ikuko never has the means of ending it, and is thus absolved of responsibility.

Quote:
This goes back to genious Battler theory. How well read is he supposed to be, especially in the mystery genre? What happens if you rip out the confession out of "And then there was none"? UN Owen becomes a 400 year old witch, according to Yasu. Battler was supposed to be well read and really good at solving mystery novels. All those witches that he killed, or rather books that he finished.
Except even as a child Battler believes in the 'heart' of the mystery, and Will is specifically explained as having heartlessly killed those witches and acquired that appreciation for the 'heart' near the end of his career.

Quote:
Ahh don't worry about that. If I take enough time I can work out a perfect solid solution to prove my theories by inserting even more assumptions.
This is exactly why your rebuttal to me is bullshit. You had to make assumptions, while I only used the facts available. Check and mate.

Quote:
The only thing we know for sure is:
Ikuko bribed the doctor to keep silent about Battler's incident.
There must be a reason for this.
If Ikuko is a stranger why is she doing this?
Either because she caused the incident or because she knew who Battler was and didn't want other people to discover it.
None of the above. Battler is quite clearly the survivor of the Rokkenjima Incident because the faces of the 'victims', including Battler, are probably plastered all over the goddamn news and if Toya saw a doctor, his status as a living person, even as an amnesiac, has to be legally reported by the hospital, meaning that Toya will then be harassed by the paparazzi like Eva was and that's probably not good for a brain-damaged amnesiac with PTSD and severe emotional baggage and identity issues.

Quote:
For Yasu is easy to find explanations about why she would bribe the doctor and some of them can be nice while others definitely are not but for Ikuko... it gets harder to find nice logical explanations.
Ikuko is only difficult to explain if you forget that there's totally a world outside of Rokkenjima.