View Single Post
Old 2007-06-02, 03:12   Link #179
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Keroko, you must really learn to not take my examples too seriously
*shrug* I was just using the soul because it's the first I remembered being used.

Quote:
A spell, created by magic, can damage an object Physically, magically, or even both properties.

It's all depends on what the user wants.
But what is 'magical' damage, then? Like I said, I don't like the 'attacking ones soul' idea.

Quote:
Assuming you can punch someone's soul, it's would be alot easier to go full power and attack the person's 'soul' because you won't have to worry about injuring the opponents physically.

Sure you can just use pure physical damage, but you could also risk killing that person if your not careful.

Your punch would knock someone out cold, but it could also give him brain damage.
But attacking someone's soul doesn't hurt, as it isn't physical damage. Where then, is the lesson?

Oh, another example: Nanoha fighting Vita the first time. Nanoha was confused as to why Vita was attacking her, and retaliated. Seeing Nanoha's personallity, she would not go for a deathblow without knowing why Vita attacked her. Now, according to the 'attacking the soul' theory, this would be the perfect time to attack the soul.

But wait! What happens? Vita's hat is torn to shreds. That means this attack delivered physical damage through magical means, as the hat should have remained untouched.