View Single Post
Old 2008-02-09, 10:35   Link #279
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Oh wall of text wars are aweful. The Japanese Manga thread used to be full of them. Now it's mostly in the statistics thread. There are some pretty darn good posts in the mix though. Much like navigating through the image thread, it is hit and miss. But there really is good stuff in there with fairly interesting ideas. That is why I keep coming back here. People here pick up on a lot of things I miss, have some pretty interesting ideas and it's relatively non-hostile.

What sounds like the best solution here might just be an essay addressing the different points and then a link to it in someones signature or something. That way it won't get lost in the stacks of threads and you have complete control over it. Getting the communities feel on the most volitile difference of opinions in the series would be next to impossible. A thread that no one can post in would also get buried pretty quick if it wasn't stickied or anything.

And I guess expecting others to look through the forum a little bit is expecting too much. I did it when I first got on but the forum has grown quite a bit since then. I skipped some of the multi post wars but there was still a lot of interesting stuff in there. There still is . Of course, there is a whole lot of it too; at least 1280 pages with the discussion about Priscilla vs. Teresa going on at least (according to google although probably many more posts)

Last edited by chibamonster; 2008-02-09 at 10:50.