Thread: Licensed Strike Witches 2
View Single Post
Old 2010-09-28, 00:40   Link #892
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Honestly, I enjoyed Season 2 more than Season 1.

I had given up on watching Strike Witches for any kind of reasonable plot midway through the first season, and decided that I was going to watch for the Eila/Sanya moments, hot Minna moments, super-cool explosions and any smidgen of character development that happens to accidentally pop up throughout the series.

And with those expectations in mind, I actually really enjoyed Strike Witches 2 .

It finally gave some of the overlooked characters a chance for some development (I actually care about Francesca now, and Hartmann's episode was utterly delightful--it was awesome to see her actually get serious about something!). Not to mention that my personal favourite Eila got an episode that explored the weakness of her otherwise very unique ability. And while the finale was a bit of a disappointment in terms of the gaping holes of logic, they actually managed to make a connection that made sense: Remember the stupid Warlock fused with Akagi in first finale? Well, it actually gave the Yamato some in-story logic! My WTF-levels were still within reasonable bounds after seeing the Yamato become a Neuroi only because we had seen something similar before (even if it's a stupid concept). And having the Neuroi seem to learn, by taking advantage of a Witch's shield-making ability, was pretty interesting, but I didn't really expect the series to utilize fascinating concepts or anything.

Sure, I would have liked some more insight into the odd Neuroi, but watching a cast of interesting characters interact with each other and blow things up often suited me fine .
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote