View Single Post
Old 2004-01-12, 20:07   Link #17
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrem
I'm an Intel person as well, so I'm not really up on AMD, but I don't think someone should go full out water cooling or peltier for their first overclock If I may, I recommend you take this question over to the overclockers.com forums. They are very newb friendly, and it is a great place to learn about overclocking. Just start reading the forums and you should start picking things up pretty quickly.

Here is a direct link:
http://www.ocforums.com/vb/vb/
Thank you! that site is really informative. It is a shame that I'm not well informed about all that tecnical information about processors.

This is what I underestood from all of you:

It is not recomendable to modify the clock's speed becuase it can increase the temperature dramaticly and then it will burn my processor. The other thing is that I can alter the clock speed by changing the host clock's speed in the bios. But, I should be careful with it. It is recomendable to increasse it little by little checking that the system is still stable as you go on.

So what about the voltage? shouldn't I modify the voltage of any of the other parts such as the Vram output? and one more thing, since me host clock's speed cannot be gradually increased by 5mhz is it still recomendable to change it from 133mhz to 166mhz? is that a big jump? If I change it to 166mhz will I notice the difference right the way or I'll have to wait a few minutes to see how the system reacts?

Ah! and by the way my mother board has an speciall proteccion that turns off the pc once the temperature of the system reaches 59 C . So I gues that should be pretty helpful, this mother board includes a termometer. So I gues I should watch the temperature closely.