View Single Post
Old 2009-11-28, 13:43   Link #88
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurquoiseThyme View Post
... The summer/swimming theme just seemed contrived to me...As for Shion knowing where Suou was, I thought he was tracking her from last episode?
I liked the summer/swimming thing. It seemed intended to show the humanity beneath the contractors. Happening on a swimming pool was fairly contrived, but I felt it was worth it.

I think Shion may have found them because he has that "memory of the future" Madame Oreille mentioned and so can tell what is going to happen. But maybe more likely it had to do with observation ghosts: we were shown the electric wires going by outside the windows as Hei and Repnin talked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanehei
i think that Suou its not as cool as she needs to be to be the focus of this new season.
I myself find Suou at least as cool as Hei, but in a much different way. She's not the knowledgeable fighter, she's the ordinary person -- you or me -- suddenly thrust into a strange situation and coming to terms with it pretty quickly. And she has even more feelings than Hei, and expresses them more clearly, which I like. I find her character totally riveting, myself. But I know different people like different things.

I do find Hanazawa Kana just excellent. Her screams in the stands at the pool were outstanding.

@joe_fh -- Interesting points. I agree that the funny moments with Mao/Petya were fairly lame, but I feel differently about most of your other points. I thought Suou kept developing on exactly the same lines she has been all along. She becomes a bit more determined and self-starting, while still yearning for things from her old life, and not being fully committed to contractor life, as well as having complex feelings toward Hei and his orders.

As for killing off Tanya, that was done at a reasonable moment. Her role was to create a link to the old life, as well as to show another path of contractor development and to show Suou's goodness and feelings. I loved the scene where Suou embraced her. But even though Tanya is a more classic contractor, still some of her old feelings linger. I don't consider her a "main" character.

As for people not noticing that the shot came from another direction, I don't believe any of them were within sight when the shot was fired, and once the body was in the water, they didn't know its original orientation.

The discussion of whether bodies float was a hoot. Suffice it to say, the way they portrayed it is at least possible enough not to be an error. The real reason was for how it looked, though, of course.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.