View Single Post
Old 2006-11-25, 17:12   Link #15
myopius

Time doesn't flow slower on Jupiter, though they probably have longer days than us (I think... it's bigger so it takes more time for it to rotate, right? or does it rotate faster because it's bigger?) and that could influence the biology of any inhabitants.

Sonhex, that's a fascinating connection you've found. Anyway, I agree with most of what people have speculated, about how the Geass and perhaps other technology is derived from C.C's civilization. I don't see it becoming the "real" plot later in the series, however; it's just a feature which complicates the plot as it stands, from my perspective. Of course, it's intriguing.

I'm not sure what to think of how much suffering and "personal" death this series is capable of. Lelouch killed Clovis, directly and personally. But, it wasn't shown. And realistically, there were many more casualties in certain parts than we were shown, from what I sense I can recall. It's clear the stakes are life and death as far as the plot is concerned, but what they're able to show can be very important in respect to that, too; for instance, if they're hesitant to show deaths, but they don't feel a main character's death should be shown indirectly, then perhaps they would be hesitant to kill off Lelouch. Of course it's not that simple. But, what with the chase in episode 6, it's still unclear just how serious this series will become, to me.

I've never seen GS or GSD (except the first 2 episodes of GSD since people kept comparing it to this show, but I wasn't very interested, probably in most part because it seemed like I should have watched GS to know what was taking place) but I'm not sure that this series carries the same themes (I assume the themes in those show is that unassailable*differences will result in tragedies between friends).

*This may not be the correct word, I looked it up to verify the definition but I'm still shaky about using it.