View Single Post
Old 2010-07-07, 18:24   Link #13358
CainSonozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
What a wonderful page number.

Sorry to interrupt, but I'm replaying the first few games in preparation for the imminent release of the Ep6 translation, and, well...

I can't reconcile Beatrice's early twisted, malicious behavior with her portrayal from Ep4 onward. I've never been able to just consider it 'acting', given that she goes on and on about the poison of boredom and the curse of immortality, etc, the same stuff that Bern rants about in Ep5.

So I've been wondering... exactly what did Beatrice do to earn our sympathy and forget about all the horrible things she did back in the early games? Her actions can't be entirely explained by 'acting' or 'they're just pieces', since she also tortures Battler for an unspecified period of time in the Meta-World between Ep2 and 3, and seems to derive great enjoyment from it... and then there's what she does for Rosa...

What did she do in the last three games that's suddenly made everything she'd done 'okay'? Why does learning about her tragic past suddenly make her a good person who doesn't enjoy doling out eternal torture?

I know I've brought this up before, and it sounds horribly paranoid, but what if she's still trolling Battler, even now?
Thats not how i see it. Since Magic Basically equals Lies, I think the real reason Beato wants Battler to accept her is cuz the truth woulda been too painful for him. I think its more battlers fault personally. Why? Well aside from red that basically says it is, he insists hes NOT going to lose To Beato. So she has to murder his family repeatedly (I think it even says its been repeating for more games than the first 4) til he either submits to her and thus "everyone lives happily in the Golden Land" or deny her and find out whos really behind it (which apparently he did but failed at proving it).
Right now the time where magic advents.
I am Beatrice-sama! Ahaha"
CainSonozaki is offline   Reply With Quote