View Single Post
Old 2012-04-11, 03:38   Link #3804
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Good grief.

Kags, you clearly know very little about how the ideas for an anime come together, so would you please STOP making up things about how Frontier and Guilty Crown were made? PLEASE?

Fact: Kawamori, as creative director of the entire Macross universe, approved everything.

Nothing Yoshino proposed would have made it to the final product if he didn't approve of it or accept it. I have seen no hint ANYWHERE that Kawamori was in any way upset with the work Yoshino did, not in the series, the movies, interviews, radio shows. NOTHING whatsoever.

And trust me, when the people who are meant to have creative control are actually upset with how a project didn't go in the direction they wanted it to, we hear about it. (Most famous case: Code Geass. Based on a couple of interviews I've read, I think the original Eva probably qualifies too.)

Furthermore, Yoshino did the scenario for the 2nd film, which is effectively the equivalent of series composition for the series. Kawamori changed a few things - e.g. he saved a character - and wrote the dialogue for at least the end (from the scene where Alto and Ranka part before the final battle).
Source: Yoshino interview in the Complete Book.

But as I mentioned previously, the ideas for the film came from everywhere! And they were intensely discussed amongst the key staff - Kawamori specifically mentions this in his Complete Book interview!

If Yoshino's role was diminished, it was only because Kawamori wanted to accomplish several things with the ending - which I will not elaborate on because you and a few others won't accept them either way. Once again, there is NOTHING that indicates that Kawamori was upset with Yoshino.

So STOP MAKING THINGS UP!!!

-----

As a final note, I have no idea who had creative control over Guilty Crown: whether it was effectively shared amongst the key staff subject to the original creator's approval (like Frontier) or whether the person who came up with the original concept controlled it the whole way (e.g. Matsumoto Leiji - at least from what I've heard). In the case of Guilty Crown, Aniplex producer Ooyama Ryou and the producer of Production I.G.'s 6th division (プロダクションI.G 6課), Nakatake Tetsuya, were apparently the first two people involved in the project (source: J-wiki article on GC). I think it's highly unlikely that Yoshino had the majority of control over the project, but that's all I'll say about it until I actually get more reliable information about how GC was made - if ever.

And I don't see most of the 'character development problems' that a lot of others seem to have with that series, but this isn't the right forum to discuss it, and I don't have the time.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2012-04-11 at 06:49.