View Single Post
Old 2012-11-09, 13:10   Link #3006
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
They tend to be overconfident, considering the fact that they run most of USAF's advanced aircraft projects.

I don't see why they are laying off in masses their employees. Management is a good thing to lay off (I consider companies with too many non-technology dept managers as inefficient), however if they are laying off ENGINEERS it is a different issue, considering they are the driving factors of these companies. However, they have to consider that the world is pretty interested in buying up their F-35s and that is one hell of a job creator.
The "temper tantrum" layoffs are mostly happening in smaller businesses. Those idiots are currently getting the attention of the alternative blogo-news streams.

The defense company layoffs have been in the works for months as part of the natural business cycle. Conservative media are simply creating connections to the election that don't exist. In Boeing's case, its just a resizing to reduce the number of middle management layers - no engineers involved. I assume L-M is doing the same. Frankly, the next week or two we're going to see a lot of "bad reporting" from the right wing media and blogosphere as they work through their anger/grief/denial stages.