View Single Post
Old 2012-11-15, 06:59   Link #441
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Thanks for the backup Goose, I thought I explained that in my previous post but might have been missed.

Anyway Board, for the side stories being considered canon, lets just say that outside of AyuMayaAlternative (which was conceived as a gag way, way before MLA was completed) All the other side stories with Muv Luv Alternative in their title can be considered part of the continuity. TDA is part of the Unlimited continuity, not to be confused with the side stories that come with it.

Just to put some facts together, Adoration, which that pic comes from, happened during the same time part as Eurofront, which makes the epilogue with that pic sometime way after the end of alternative (2-3 years after? Assuming Eurofront is 2000-2001, that would be 2003-2004?). Putting together some stories from TSFiA which had the Type-04 using the Japanese import version of the Mk.57 SSG, which was adapted with astonishing speed. From Adoration, we have a IRG cadet on attachment who was overawed by the SSG's power, and 2 years later it was adopted, so some assumptions can be made.

So saying that Adoration is 'only' a gag article makes no sense, since we do know that Ifriede goes on to fight in the diversion for operation Ouka (Chronicles PV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eEcBuYj4v8), and thus the Wolf Brigade of Takemi's would be possible as well, years down the road, together with the fact that they were testing export versions of the Type-00C (but no confirmation if they really did export it, of course.)
I assumed you read Adoration here: http://muvluv.wikia.com/wiki/Muv-Luv...cles_Adoration
If anything the other Chronicles side story Rebirth is much more of a gag material, making me vomit and cry rivers of blood every time I look at it (which is why its taking so long to finish transcripting it...)

Here is a short sample of how painful a gag can be...
Spoiler for WTF is with this script...:

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.

Last edited by grevierr; 2012-11-15 at 07:56.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote