View Single Post
Old 2012-06-25, 10:04   Link #152
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
I personally think it is too cliche for it to be joker and In my personal opinion Oda's writing style doesn't usually follow the cliche path ( at least on cliffhangers). He just introduced Joker and usually when he does introduce some one, it takes some time before we get to know them.

Even if it is "too cliche", it's still the most logical and likely guess at this point. And it's not like Oda hasn't introduced new characters a mere few chapters after their names are first mentioned. If we exclude new villains, the most recent examples I can think of are Ivankov (who was introduced a few chapters after Bon Clay first mentioned him in ID), and Sabo (who appears in Luffy's flashback just a few chapters after Ace mentioned him in his dying speech). That being said, if Joker IS a preexisting character, I'd also guess that he was the guy that Doflamingo was chatting with before the timeskip (when he reported Moria's escape).

Anyways, before anyone else asks: YES, THERE WILL BE A CHAPTER THIS WEEK. So expect the new thread to be up around early Wednesday morning....