View Single Post
Old 2012-03-24, 19:41   Link #181
ipodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It is actually the case: past the characters they have shown in the epilogue, a great deal of them wasn't really explained one bit:
The remaining funeral parlor members (Argo, Shibungi, Kurachi), Haruka, Arisa and Daryl. That's a hefty amount of named characters who didn't get an epilogue, especially the "least popular ones" who were left alive for no "real reason" yet didn't get any screen time of what they are currently doing.
To show the aftermath for all the members you mentioned here would require at least one additional episode. And if they need to show the things you wanted to see like whether Yahiro is married to Kanon, then we are talking about an entire episode on secondary characters who occupy only a very small amount of screen time throughout the series. This doesn't further the story.

Quote:
Also, even the "main characters" being shown, you have a "very vague" idea of their new life in fact (I can't tell if Kanon is engaged to Yahiro or not): you don't even know what they actually are doing or anything, past the mere "happy mood" in celebrating Hare's birthday.
I think showing some minutiae detail not relevant to the main story arc is no more or less of a rush. It's like saying the previous noitamina series, AnoHana is rushed because we do not know whether Jintan or the rest of the gang have graduated from high school.

Quote:
Worse: they again skipped Shu's predicament. They already accelerated his grief over Hare's death, but in this case, they literally skipped how he grieved and coped Inori's death.
I thought they did fine here. Shu is reliving his happier moments with Inori by reminiscing the time they spent together, alone. Inori is and will always be on his mind and he will treasure those memories.

Shu got over the death. We don't need to have that spelt out for us. It's a natural progression in life. We've all dealt with major life events, from being laid off to death of a family member and gotten over it eventually. You don't really need to see that to know how he has dealt with Inori's death.