View Single Post
Old 2013-03-28, 18:02   Link #987
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Then let me boil it down to a preference for which characters get developed. On one side, you have a preference for 1 or 2 characters. On the other, you have a preference for more, especially ones that have a bigger connection to the plot.

Let me state another difference. Nanoha is my favorite character, but I recognize that she didn't need much development here. Maybe just her reaction and decision to tell her friends and family about her magic. It could have made a nice contribution to her character if she grappled with the decision, like Fate grappled with her mommy issues. But I at least recognize it wasn't needed in the context of this movie.
Strictly speaking, more Chrono and Lindy focus isn't needed either. I made this clear in a previous reply I made to you that you chose to ignore.

Chrono and Lindy's connection to the Book of Darkness was touched upon to a significant degree in the movie. It was not ignored. There were some scenes in the movie indicating how much this meant to both of them. We even had a flashback scene focusing on Chrono's dad, how he died, and how Lindy and Chrono reacted to his death. We know that Chrono and Lindy visited the grave of Chrono's dad following the conflict of this anime. It is clear that a measure of closure was gained for both characters here.

This isn't bad for supporting cast characters. And Chrono and Lindy are no more tied into the main plot than Nanoha and Fate are.

You are not being fair in this discussion, Kaijo. Your side of the argument would likely make the movie less enjoyable for Fate fans and NanoFate fans, and all for the sake of greater unneeded emphasis on supporting cast characters.

I also don't see any fairness in basically saying that people who want to see some heartwarming NanoFate and Fate scenes are "fanatics", yet making it seem that those who are disproportionately focused on supporting cast characters are apparently perfectly normal.

In short, I strongly disagree with you and your priorities in this thread. And I do not think you have truly given the other side of the argument real consideration.