View Single Post
Old 2006-03-24, 16:17   Link #59
retrovision
shutterbug

Quote:
Not to knock anime music, but many OP and ED's of anime aren't really representative of Japan's music scene
co-sign.

Quote:
Hmmm.... this thread lacks more mentioning as of how awesome m-flo is.
m-flo does have that unique sound but in my opinion, m-flo was great before they started the "loves" series after lisa left. i don't think lisa can be replaced at all. hearing "tripod baby" at the end of the "beat space nine" album is like a breath of fresh air from all the other stuff on that album haha. also, their "tour 2001 expo expo" concert album from zepp tokyo > anything on astromantic, charm school, beat space nine and dope space nine. i'd take "orbit-3", "prism", "come again", "chronopsychology", "dispatch", "hands", "how you like me now - edwards radio flow remix", "come back to me", "been so long" & "love or truth" over any of the "loves" songs. not saying i completely dislike all the recent m-flo stuff as they have pulled off some great collabos with ugly duckling (which is my favorite), crystal kay, boa, sowelu, melody., sowelu, hinouchi emi...

i like a lot of japanese hip-hop, r&b and some pop but here are my recommendations:

r&b
- aco
- soul lovers
- soulhead
- lisa (of m-flo)
- double (especially when sachiko was alive R.I.P.)
- juju
- bird
- asuka
- may
- momoe shimano
- mahya
- crystal kay
- namie amuro
- utada hikaru (although pop, i like her ballads)

hip-hop
- dj tonk
- dj krush
- dj hasebe
- nujabes
- mo wax
- muro
- q-ill
- rhymester
- tsutchie