Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll To Love Ru
View Single Post
Old 2008-09-06, 16:24   Link #1057
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
(I feel like I've been through this only a few pages ago)
Yes, I always feel like this is because a lot of people are either masochists, drama queens, or both. It's already been well-established what this show is like, but every time it "fails" in the exact same way, it's somehow newsworthy. I don't know if it's because they've all read the manga and can't seperate the fact that the anime isn't the same, or just because there's this sort of comraderie between those who enjoy bashing it whenever it fails to live up to whatever expectations they have (like this persistent expectation of a "storyline" in a "plot-of-the-week" sort of show). Nothing wrong with disliking the show or posting about it, but sometimes I do wish that people would wisen up a bit and start figuring out the pattern. Like, if you got this far and still didn't realize that this is the sort of show this was going to be... [dot dot dot]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
But in all seriousness, if this series is "working as intended" in Japan then I must question their tastes...
Wait...nevermind that, a section of them has already hit rock bottom with Kanokon...

If the Japanese market likes it, who are we to question their tastes? This is a Japanese anime made for Japan, after all, and most of us are -- shock -- not Japanese. "I'm watching this foreign show in a foreign language, and I don't like it or get the humour!" They'd have just as much right to question our tastes for watching "their" anime and expecting us to like it with our own cultural preconceptions. Of course I do think that whole line of logic is silly, but it certainly can go both ways. (For the record, though, this show is selling better than Kanokon.)
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote