View Single Post
Old 2016-01-12, 21:03   Link #730
Asehpe

I must admit, though, that Madoka Magica (the series) feels like such a closed, densely plotted little animē that I even fear continuations / second seasons might actually make it less good. 'Rebellion' (on which I have a couple of strong opinions) was not bad, actually it can even be claimed to be very good, but it is in a very true sense a completely new thing -- we're no longer in the cycle of Madoka and her solution to the problem of the Magical Girl system, we're now in the world of Homura and her obsession with Madoka.

Of course, 'Rebellion' feels like it needs a continuation; now that they did it, they can't stop there. Still it feels that the 'true end' of Madoka Magica is still Madoka's ascension to godhood. Don't you have the impression that continuing the story after that is, to a certain extent, disrespectful -- even if the final product ends up being also amazing?

How do you feel about that? Is the series 'so good' that continuing it, even though it gives us the chance to spend more time with all those wonderful characters, may eventually be detrimental, in that it 'corrupts' the awesome completeness that the original series had? It's as if it were tainting its soul gem...
Asehpe is offline   Reply With Quote