Thread: Crunchyroll Saki
View Single Post
Old 2009-09-06, 13:27   Link #2298
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I don't see how you can't class it as cheating.
It's just psychology. Like she said, she declared her riichi 100% properly. It's just her opponents faults they weren't paying attention to her.

This episode did seem a bit weak compared to earlier ones (like the last one). A little bit too much "pans over the scoreboard as announcer boringly repeats obvious stuff about their placement." The first big confrontation with Yuuki was a bit too gimmicky. Well, it may be because I'm starting to play Mahjong seriously, the whole "magical powers" stuff is a bit more off-putting. But there were other non-Mahjong issues...the whole plot point with Saki was resolved too easily. The animation seemed to lack as much flair as previous moments...compare Hisa walking off to her game dramatically here, with Hisa walking off to her game dramatically in episode 9.

It gives a feel of "We're already done with the real arc of the show, so let's just get this done as soon as possible." Well, it has it's good moments too, but I hope next episode will improve. If it has Mihoko being awesome, there's a good chance of improving.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote