View Single Post
Old 2012-01-19, 14:13   Link #6
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Think my first thought is to do with the new OP. 'My Dearest' was a quality song in it's own right (and the visual were just as good) - and it's replacement, 'The Everlasting Guilty Crown', is right up there as well. The visuals exceeded expectations. It seems to be almost a giveaway as to how any romantic notions will end - but if anyone can tell me a time when Shu has looked so impressive (and acted so much like Gai, who, despite being 'dead', has a few secs in the new OP), I'll be amazed. Seriously, the kid who seemed so bloody awkward at the start seems to be returning to the way he used to be. Long may that continue

To the episode itself...

Can't say I'm surprised that the person most hung up about Gai's death would be Ayase. After all, we all knew she was infatuated with him considering what he did for her, and extremely frustrated that she could not do any more to keep him alive (pretty much beating herself up over it) - so much so that she would have rather died. Obviously it will take a while for her to get over such a loss in her life, but at least, partly thanks to Shu, she is starting to come to terms with it and can begin to move on.

Regarding the battle - they could not have been any more cheesy with the pose following the battle. Rule of cool works it's magic again, eh? Though really, it was a great thing to see what Ayase's Void was - and whilst, yet again, it feels somewhat convenient, it is more than understandable that such a Void would come out of her. Could almost say that it's a heartwarming moment within this episode - for someone who is wheelchair bound to be able to get up and 'stand' on their own (not literally, of course), to be able to move freely with nothing holding them back. Oh, and the person in charge of music outdid themselves when it came to the OST for this episode - that was brilliant in every way.

The logic behind attacking the cultural festival felt somewhat flawed to me at first - though when you're looking at it from one side (the side of those participating in the festival), it starts to make sense when you look at it from the other perspective. Lockdown, little food to go around, and some kids are using a decent amount of it up for a 'festival'?! I can understand why people would be angry from that, especially when they're on the outside looking in.

Just to finish off, we get the shock news that the entire area would be in lockdown for as long as 10 years (which is of the result of more lies - yes, I'm sure there's no-one inside the area that isn't affected by the Apocalypse Virus ).

Absolutely loved the episode from start to finish - the fact that Shu is starting to improve emotionally and not be the awkward idjit we saw for much of the first half of the series. More of the same please, Shu