View Single Post
Old 2012-05-12, 15:04   Link #35
X10A_Freedom

Ufotable did a very nice CGI render of an A300B2 complete with wingtip fences in the old Air France colours. Even the cockpit was right, although the source picture the studio used was obviously on a shut-down aircraft on the ground. The airspeed indicator read 0 and the backup attitude indicator was tipped over. Such was the detail! Minor snag - Air France's A300B2-200s don't have the range to viably fly over the pond to New York!

Surface-to-air missile. I'd have thought it would be heat-seeking and go straight to the engine, but it went to the top of the wing instead with is rather bizarre. That said, an A300 in Iraq did survive a RPG which missed the engine and hit the outer wing from the bottom-up...

Enough aviation geek banter and onto the anime. It's as if Kiritsugu was interrogating Natalia at the end about her future plans. I think Natalia's decision to retire and be a mother was the final straw in Kiritsugu's decision to shoot the aircraft down. If Natalia were to continue getting rid of wanted people, the remote possibility of releasing the insects may have been worth taking. She is one formidable assasin who can get rid of big targets into the future. Knowing she was going to retire would mean such a risk was no longer worth it as the 'return' would be zilch - she has become a civilian.

I found it amusing how she compared the big Airbus to a Cessna. :P Assuming she was able to land (being no ordinary person, she'll likely do it without crashing), what would have happened was for her to grab an emergency rope (standard equipment) and climb out of the open-able cockpit window, onto the ground. A pressurised aircraft like the A300 is seal-tight and the cockpit door seemed to be able to keep the insects out as well. What would have been done was Natalia to using her connections to keep the feds out, and quarantine the aircraft until the bugs are all dead from natural causes...or hook up a ground air-conditioning unit and do a fumigation.
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
X10A_Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote