View Single Post
Old 2010-10-18, 08:44   Link #73
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Another thing that causes me to sympathize with Kyousuke is that I got the impression, from the dining table conversation last week and the fact that the father is way angrier at Kirino than at him, that the parents simply care less about him than they do to Kirino. He's not that bad, just average, but it really pales in comparison to Kirino who is pretty much perfect in most accounts (looks, academics, physical fitness, etc). They don't compare him to his little sister anymore; it's like that as long as Kirino is amazing and he doesn't bring shame to the family, he can be doomed in mediocrity for all they care. And yet despite all that, when the opportunity comes to show that at least there's one aspect where he is more favorable than Kirino in his father's eyes, he still protect her, even debase himself further. Kirino really owes him big time; the gratefulness at the end is cute and a nice start, but it's nowhere near enough compared to his sacrifice.
I doubt that. If this was really the case, then their mother wouldn't have trusted him with handling the situation as much as she did. The fact that she pretty much left it to him and jokingly (?) said she'd need some beer afterward for their father means that she believed in Kyousuke enough to try and fix things in the family. She didn't pry into how knowledgeable he was in the entire affair and didn't pry into what his plans were when he asked for the albums, even if she wasn't sure what he'd do.

As for daddy, the fact that he didn't wave him off and listened entirely and properly to what Kyousuke had to say, and even restrained himself from falcon punching his son for grabbing his collar to me says he respects him enough for what he's trying to to and is willing to listen.

These aren't things parents who have left you to your own devices would do. They were willing to listen to what he had to say on his sister's behalf because they respected him as a member of the family, even if he is sort of a slacker.