View Single Post
Old 2013-08-22, 00:00   Link #594
El Guapo
Dave's not here, man

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusinjorts View Post
I mostly listen to rap music right now though, and as far as that goes my favorites are:
  • Pusha T (gotta rep my hometown hero)
  • Kendrick
  • Das Racist
  • Greedhead
  • Black Hippy
  • Riff Raff
  • Drake
In case anyone wanted to know, here is how you know you're officially old: an 18 year old tells you he listens to rap, and then proceeds to rattle off seven names, AND YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD OF ANY OF THEM. Seriously, though, no one has made rap since the '90s. It's a scientifically proven fact .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
New stuff is trash these days I kid. I guess its because of the internet. Social interaction on internet is very much nostalgic, as far as I have seen, with respect to music, movies and entertainment in general. I myself listen to pre-1990's songs and as do my friends. It also doesn't help that the most publicized singers, right now, are teenagers (I might be wrong, I don't follow celebrity news much) that don't really appeal much outside their demographic.

Well, those are just my thoughts on the matter.
Very refreshing to hear. I'm very much a 20th century guy in terms of musical taste. In general I feel that, with maybe a handful of notable exceptions, most of them independent internet artists, very little has happened musically in the last ten years that has been worth paying attention to.

I went to see Kick Ass 2 the other night, and one of the previews was for a movie about some new boy band I've never even heard of; One Dimension or some other kind of rubbish. As far as I can tell, they're like the Scottish Backstreet Boys or something I think. Anyway, if I could have mentally transmuted that Professor Farnsworth "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" macro onto the screen, I would have done so. I have to wonder what the kids who are being sold this dreck now are going to think of it in ten years, and if they're going to regret spending eighteen dollars on that One Dimension record when they could have just gone to the library and checked out any number of better albums for free, and come away with better memories to boot. Seems like just yesterday I was saying the same f---ing thing about the Jonas Brothers. Do kids even still listen to the Jonas Brothers, or has their time passed already?

http://www.therealmuffin.net

http://music.therealmuffin.net</plug>
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote