View Single Post
Old 2007-03-22, 02:20   Link #99
Rurouni Zeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by kheldorin View Post
Yet, that traitor managed to avenge the death of Konoha's 3rd Hokage. Are you sure your hatred of athletes comes from their use of 'steroids' and not from the fact that you're emo?

I don't really understand why people are pissed off at Sasuke for leaving Konoha? Has he harmed Konoha in any way? No. Naruto had special treatment from Tsunade to chase after Sasuke twice. Did Sasuke get special treatment from Konoha to allow him to chase after Itachi? No. All he got was Kakashi telling him not to. Itachi is the guy that murdered an entire clan of Uchihas, who are also Konoha citizens. Why is it that so little has been done to bring him to justice? Yet, even when they're weak, Konoha managed to help Naruto in his quest to 'save' Sasuke. Where's the justice here? Let's just give Naruto the title of Hokage and be done with it. He already acts like it.
Hey, let's chill out on the personal attacks.

Now. You're comparing apples to oranges. Konoha let Naruto chase after Sasuke because they still viewed him as a comrade and wanted to bring him back in good faith. That's nothing like Sasuke trying to chase after Itachi to kill him (which he certainly couldn't do back then anyway, but that's beside the point). So little has been done to bring him to justice because no good leader sends their troops off just to get killed. Arguably, no one in the village can handle Itachi, and no one there will be able to until Naruto gets his act together. What, praytell, would you have had them do to bring Itachi to justice? What could they have done that in your view would be just with regards to Sasuke? You're not the first that I've seen imply that Konoha somehow wronged Sasuke by "not bringing Itachi to justice", but I've never understood that viewpoint.

And by the way, I don't think it's really avenging someone's death when you kill the murderer for your own purposes rather than for the specific purpose of vengeance.
Rurouni Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote