View Single Post
Old 2009-08-02, 09:06   Link #247
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
You really need to read the books man, seriously. =P

Haruhi does have deredere moments... also remember the end of Live Alive...?

In any case, it gets to the point that, by Vol. 9, you get the feeling that Kyon is refusing to address Haruhi's rather obvious feelings for him.

I tried reading the books, but I was amazed by how identical it was to the anime. It was so identical that it lost my interest, Endless Eight style.

Still, I'll try to pick it up again, given your repeated recommendations. It's quite possible that the books show some good Haruhi deredere moments that the anime hasn't gotten to yet.

I will say that the anime alone actually gives me the impression that Kyon is interested in Haruhi... he's just too gutless to actually come out and say it (outside of a dream, any way).

Someday in the Rain definitely contains one of the better potential Haruhi/Kyon romance moments - specifically when she's putting the jacket over him as though tucking him in to bed; then he unexpectedly wakes up and Haruhi has this look of extreme dread on her face as though Kyon wasn't supposed to know what she was doing. Yeah, that can definitely be taken as a deredere moment.

The only other ones (that I can remember) were the kiss, and Haruhi and Kyon's fight against the elements during their trip to the Island Villa.

I may have to re-watch Live Alive to see if I'm missing something.