View Single Post
Old 2011-10-11, 18:53   Link #37
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Really? From what I could see, Mint was pretty much self explanatory. There was that installation package thing to find and install programs for you if you didn't know/want to do it manually and such.

I don't have much experience with Linux however, so I may be wrong. Even so, it would be worthwhile to use Linux if you won't play games if you can bother to learn the '' basics '' or whatever there is to learn that isn't self-explanatory as according to felix.

1. It's free
2. It's lightweight
3. You don't need AV/Firewall

... There's probably many other reasons too but these three are the reason I would use linux if I was not a gamer.

sa547 : Okay, I was over exaggerating with the dual-core thing for pre-built but still generally it seems for a $500 pre-built you're gonna have less '' bang '' than with DYI even when it comes to CPU. As for the HDD thing ; I do not know where you live.. In fact, we don't even know where Kaijo lives but if you look at Newegg for example, you'll have 1TB for $54, and 2TB for $74. I'd go straight for 2TB as it is only 20 bucks more than 1TB and you'll eventually fill the 1TB so you'll need another one.. (You will, if you download anime and watch 720-1080p).