View Single Post
Old 2010-05-10, 15:40   Link #149
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
I loved this eps. K-on has gone from a moefest in season one to a REALLY well produced slice of life series in season two. I've seen a lot of anime, but none that have threaded the little mundane details of the average day as well as this. The scenes where they get the random "skull" text and the phonecall from Yui looking for directions were so well done. They took me totally by surprise as they happened just the way they did for the characters, and Ui & Azu's reactions were perfect.

If Ui & Jun DON'T end up joining the club late in the season, it'll be such a waste of a perfect setup. You can see the potential between these girls and Azu makes a perfect bridge between them. The seniors have great chemistry and even if they go on to be OLs instead of rock & rollers, the next generation with Azusa's potential band could be launched into the spotlight by their sempai's lack of initiative.

I enjoy Kakifly's manga immensely, but KyoAni has plussed the heck out of this series as it's gone into season 2.

On a pure animation enjoyment level, I give this 10/10!
I don't see what they did that was in any way the least bit remarkable or exceptional in this episode and actually I'd still pretty much call it a moefest. Well okay the animation is still above average, but I mean really can I expect something a little more out of this than that Kyoani/Kakifly? Probably not.

Speaking of expectations, looks like next week I might get to tick off yet another notch on my All Girl Slice of Life episode plot checklist. That would probably complete it if it turns out to be the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eak View Post
K-On is either an amusing, cute, relaxing show to watch or plain boring.. Unfortunately, this episode was rather boring... and not because of the characters but content.
I wouldn't call it boring, just run of the mill to fault. If you have the pedigree of having watched even one All Girl Slice of Life series before this one and an inability to block out of memories of the previous one it's going to feel all too familiar.....just with the forced moe ratcheted up far higher than the volume of the music they are playing. That's the only thing I can see character wise that differentiates this from any All Girl Slice of Life series seeing as how the characters really have no personality or gravitas to call their own. It looked like they were going to have some extended character development in the very first episode of the first season (or at least like the show was building in that direction), but it almost seemed like they shifted gears quickly and we have what we have now.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2010-05-10 at 15:53.